- The plant will grow very vigorously in a sunny position in moist soil.
- Prefers tropical climate.
- A robust climber with woody stems, which may very well overlap trees some 10m high.
- A dense white down covers both young stems and leaf undersides.
- The leaves are heart-shaped and up to 25cm wide, with lateral veins conspicuous on the underside.
- Tight clusters of trumpet-shaped flowers 5cm across, appear among the foliage in spring and summer, the flower are light pink changing to dark pink in the throat of the flower.
Currently not declared however under the Biosecurity Act 2014 you still have an obligation to prevent or minimise a biosecurity risk posed by a pest.