Firescape Science provides a wide range of products and services to government agencies, community groups, private enterprises and individuals. Our team can provide a one-stop-shop for all your fire management needs.
At Firescape Science our main areas of expertise are:
- Fire management planning, monitoring, assessment and review
- A range of mapping services including:
- Firescar mapping using remote sensing software and data from a number of different satellites (particularly MODIS and Landsat satellite imagery) or by using an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to obtain high resolution digital photographs.
- Remote sensing and interpretation of satellite imagery for purposes other than fire (e.g. vegetation health) including spatial statistics and analysis
- Various maps to meet your requirements based on GIS data layers and remotely sensed imagery
- Training in Fire level 1, GIS mapping, remote sensing, environmental science, and natural resource management
- Biodiversity assessments (e.g. flora and fauna surveys including; terrestrial and aquatic species, vegetation maps, conservation plans)
- Trust Reserve land management planning in accordance with DERM requirements for local authorities