- Wet or dry season flooded areas in disturbed sites.
- Floodplains and drainage lines and creek banks.
- Can form dense floating mats, 1-2 m thick over water bodies.
- A vigorous perennial grass to 2 m high.
- Stems stout, trailing densely soft hairy rooting at nodes.
- Leaves and sheaths generally hairy. Leaf blades to 30cm long.
- Flowering head of several spreading stalks on a single central axis.
- Flowers and fruits mainly March to September.
Currently not declared however under the Biosecurity Act 2014 you still have an obligation to prevent or minimise a biosecurity risk posed by a pest.