- Native to Europe and Asia, Thornapples prefer rich soils and are weeds of roadsides, cultivation, river flats, stockyards and unattended areas.
- Robust annual herbs to 1.5 m with erect branching stems.
- Large, dark-green, leaves, shallow scalloped edges, unpleasant odour when crushed.
- White flowers trumpet-shaped, 7-10 cm long, in upper leaf axils, sweetly perfumed.
- Globular fruits, 4-5cm long, covered with sharp prickles.
Currently not declared however under the Biosecurity Act 2014 you still have an obligation to prevent or minimise a biosecurity risk posed by a pest.